Daily Day With English

 

If your students, besides studying God's word, learn no more than how to use correctly the English language in reading, writing, and speaking, a great work will have been accomplished. Those who are trained for service in the Lord's cause should be taught how to talk properly in ordinary conversation and before congregations. Many a laborer's usefulness is marred by his ignorance in regard to correct breathing and clear, forcible speaking. Many have not learned to give the right emphasis to the words they read and speak. Often the enunciation is indistinct. A thorough training in the use of the English language is of far more value to a youth than a superficial study of foreign languages, to the neglect of his mother tongue. CT 207.2


Paslm 119:7 I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.

Paslm 119:73 Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.



1. Introduction 

Introducing Yourself and Meeting New People

When you’re talking to someone for the first time, it’s always a good idea to tell them your name and ask theirs. Maintaining a polite and friendly tone also makes you seem like a very nice person!

Hello. What’s your name? 
My name is  Reya. What’s yours?

Hello. I’m Sam. Would you like to be friends? 
Sure, I’d love to!

Hey. Is anyone sitting here? 
No, but you can sit here if you want.

Which grade are you in?  (US) /  What class are you in?  (UK)
I’m in ninth grade! What about you?

Do you want to be partners for the group project? I don’t have one yet. 
Sure!




Komentar